Top 10 Items to Put in an Emergency Kit for Your Car
When we hear about car breakdowns and accidents happening we don’t like to see ourselves in that picture.
We think that we could never get involved in car accidents or such, however, the possibility cannot be ruled out that we may be victims of car accidents too. People going on short road trips or on long drives must keep car emergency kits in their car because they never know what could happen next.
Many people carry car emergency kits in their cars and many others wished they had. Some of those who do keep the kits fail to keep some of the important things in it. If you are making an emergency kit for your car then you must make sure to include these 10 items in it.
1. First aid kit – The first aid kit is one of the most important items that you can put in your car’s emergency kit. You cannot predict what is going to happen with you the very next moment. So keeping a first aid kit handy is beneficial if you get into an accident because even the slightest of accidents may cause injuries to you and your companions.
2. Cell phone – There are many cases of accidents that could have been worse but they do not because of the important role played by cell phones. Cell phones are the quickest mode of communication so if there is any emergency than you can reach for the help of the nearest hospital or your friends and relatives.
3. Food – This may sound strange, but then you never know where your car will breakdown. Suppose you are driving through the highway, far away from the busy city life and your car suddenly breaks down. This is when foods and water will be helpful.
4. Flashlight – Flashlights are important to be included in the car emergency kits. Car accidents and breakdowns happen in the dark too. So if you are stuck in the middle of nowhere during the dark night then you can use it to fix any problem that you car has. Without light you won’t be able to do any work.
5. Air compressor – What if in the middle of the road your car’s tires deflate? There will be no repair shops so what would you do? Air compressors can be used to fix your car’s tires if they have been flattened.
6. Tool kit – A tool kit is an important inclusion for your car emergency kits. With the right set of tools, you can fix the breakdown of your car if you are left stranded on the side of the road.
7. Spare tire – You should always keep at least one spare tire in the truck of your car because you never know when your tire may burst or perhaps have a hole in it.
8. Shovel – If you live in a region where it snowfalls then shovel can be a very useful items to put in an emergency kit for your car. Also if your tires get stuck in mud then you can shovel them out so you can get out of there.
9. Candle – If all of a sudden in the middle of the night you are stuck and there’s no way to get out of there at least for that night then a candle can help to keep you warm. It can also provide light for you.
10. Blanket – It is a very good thing to have a blanket in car emergency kits because you may never know if your car stops working in the middle of cold winter night.
Car accidents and breakdowns may inevitably happen anytime. It is always better to be safe than sorry so we should always make sure to carry car emergency kits in our car. If you, unfortunately, ever get into car accidents then you can take care of yourselves and those who are travelling with you until help can arrive.